[yocto] NFS rootfs: mount: only root can mount proc on /proc

Anders Darander anders at chargestorm.se
Thu Dec 15 06:09:13 PST 2016

Hi,

* John Rama <john.rama01 at gmail.com> [161215 02:58]:

> The ideas I can come up with are followings, but those of them are not perfect..
> 1. Run the bitbake as root account
>   - would not run as root since the all of generated files are root permission even for the log files.

Never do this. You've got no idea what bitbake might do to your
computer...

> 2. Change UID and GID whenever generating new image
>   - I guess next build would fall into the trouble because of the owner change.

Yes, that'll get you problems later on.

> 3. Untar the tar ball under  {YOCTO_BUILD_DIR}//tmp//deploy/image/{TARGET}/*rootfs.tar.bz2 to  the export dir
>   - takes additional time.. Not good.

This is the right way to do it.

If it takes to much time, create a script that runs bitbake and then
untars the rootfs.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander, Senior System Architect
ChargeStorm AB / eStorm AB