[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] How to set the kernel config variables in the recipe?

Piotr Lewicki piotr.lewicki at elfin.de
Wed Dec 14 03:14:08 PST 2016

Hi,

I need to set some kernel parameters and I thought that it would work
with "do_configure_prepend()" task in my "linux-raspberrypi_%.bbappend"
file.

I have do configure like so:

do_configure_prepend() {

     kernel_configure_variable USB_PRINTER n

# and some other variables

}

Now I have noticed that what I get in the real do_configure task is:

do_configure() {
     kernel_configure_variable USB_PRINTER n

# and some other variables
     # Clean .config
     echo "" >
/home/piotr.lewicki/2016-12-09/build/tmp/work/raspberrypi3-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-raspberrypi/1_4.4.28+gitAUTOINC+5afda48c34-r0/linux-raspberrypi3-standard-build/.config
     CONF_SED_SCRIPT=""

}

Does this mean that my configuration does not get into the recipe?

Is there a better (working) way to do it?

Best regards,

Piotr Lewicki