[yocto] meta-zephyr layer

Josef Holzmayr holzmayr at rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Tue Dec 13 05:51:12 PST 2016

Hello Juro,

first off, thanks for taking the kick, whatever its count is.

On 12.12.2016 23:15, Bystricky, Juro wrote:
> Building of Zephyr images in Yocto can now be done fairly unobtrusively
> via a new layer "meta-zephyr" and specifying a new distro in local.conf:
> DISTRO="zephyr"

Leaving out the poky/non-poky discussion, zephyr.conf currently contains
an include for tune-cortexm3.conf which certainly should not be there,
as it is machine specific. My local fix here is to create a warped
version of qemuarm.conf named qemuarmm3.conf which fixes that.

> The repository for the meta-zephyr is here:
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/log/?h=juro/meta-zephyr.
>
> The new meta-zephyr layer contains several recipes to build (and run
> in QEMUs) various Zephyr tests. There is also a sample recipe to build
> Zephyr sample "philosophers" with instructions how to run it in QEMU.

The instructions seem to be missing that poky-contrib/meta is also
needed in the bblayers for the tune-cortexm3 include.

> The new meta-zephyr is work based on previous original work by
> Randy Witt and Richard Purdie, so it is actually a second kick at the can.

Thanks to those too, of course.

> This is a work in progress, any feedback is appreciated.

Feedback was above - do you also want patches? ;-)

Greetz

--
Josef Holzmayr
Software Developer Embedded Systems

Tel: +49 8444 9204-48
Fax: +49 8444 9204-50

R-S-I Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Woelkestrasse 11
D-85301 Schweitenkirchen
www.rsi-elektrotechnik.de
Amtsgericht Ingolstadt – GmbH: HRB 191328 – KG: HRA 170393
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Sorg, Dipl.-Ing. Franz Sorg
Ust-IdNr: DE 128592548