[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW51

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Mon Dec 12 08:01:30 PST 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.3 M1 -> M2
Next Deadline: YP 2.3 M1 by Dec. 12, 2016 (TODAY!!)
                         YP 2.3 M2 by Jan 23, 2017

SWAT team rotation: Tracy -> Alejandro
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:
 * Today is the M1 feature freeze deadline. Patches are being processed with a view to merging. We believe all patchsets targeting M1 have been posted apart from tinfoil2 which is imminent and we’re planning to try and include that in M1.
 * We’re continuing to struggle to identify which patches are causing which failures which may delay M1 slightly as it is going to take time to figure this out and ensure builds are stable.
 * We’re considering the best way to handle containers and the current build appliance in the project going forwards. If anyone had input they wish to contribute on that subject, Brian has started a thread on the architecture mailing list.

Proposed upcoming dot releases:
YP 2.0.3 Release by Dec. 9, 2016
YP 2.2.1 Release by Jan. 20, 2017
YP 2.1.3 Release by May. 19, 2017

Key YP 2.3 Dates:
YP 2.3 M1 Cutoff is Dec. 12, 2016
YP 2.3 M1 Release is Dec. 23, 2016
YP 2.3 M2 Cutoff is Jan. 23, 2017
YP 2.3 M2 Release is Feb. 3, 2017
YP 2.3 M3 Cutoff is Feb 27, 2017
YP 2.3 M3 Release is Mar. 10, 2017
YP 2.3 M4 Cutoff is April 3, 2017
YP 2.3 M4 Release is April 28, 2017

Tracking Metrics:
	WDD 2437 (last week 2507)
(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.3_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.3_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]