[yocto] update mechanisms

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Dec 12 07:41:08 PST 2016

On Mon, 2016-12-12 at 08:59 -0600, Mariano Lopez wrote:
> >> In particular the "complexity" column is a bit subjective. Stefano, I
> >> hope you don't mind that I did not quite buy the "easy to use"
> >> characterization of swupdate ;-)
> > No worry...and I have not written myself. It was inserted by Mariano, so
> > it looks like that swupdate at least for Mariano is "easy to use".
> > I think it is correct to point out that customization is required.
>
> Compared to other update mechanism that I tested it was the easier to
> implement.

Which "getting started" document or presentation were you using? The
documentation for mender (https://docs.mender.io/) is very
straight-forward (partly of course because it doesn't need to cover many
variations), while for swupdate
(http://sbabic.github.io/swupdate/swupdate.html) I found it less clear
how to begin.

--