[yocto] busybox and images, how to change busybox based on image component added

richard_allen at keysight.com richard_allen at keysight.com
Sat Dec 10 15:23:19 PST 2016

Thanks for the pointer.
I am new to the linux/Yocto area , so if there is example, would greatly help.

When you say it 'replaces', is this a the 'name' level?

connman is not the same name as udhdc
My user desires to only have connman on the system (and it's daemon) and not have udhcp (and it's daemon).

I know by disabling the udhcp( client / server) in busybox and installing connman on the system works.
I don't really see how to use update-alternatives.bbclass to have the same end result.