[yocto] busybox and images, how to change busybox based on image component added

richard_allen at keysight.com richard_allen at keysight.com
Sat Dec 10 09:48:48 PST 2016

I am trying to remove the udhcp( client / server) components in busybox when I include 'connman' in my image.

I have a busybox_%.bbappend which will
SRC_URI_append = " file://no-uhdpc.cfg"

no-uhdcpc.cfg

CONFIG_UDHCPD=n
CONFIG_UDHCPC=n

Hitting serval issues:
-) need to do a bitbake -c cleanall busybox for busybox to be recompiled with new configuration
-) need to do a bitbake -c clean core-image-minimal so a new rootfs will be generated with the busybox ( new compile of busybox does not appear to trigger a new rootfs creation)

Note: I tried just using

PACKAGE_EXCLUDE +=  " busybox-udhcpd busybox-udhcpc "

to keep from having to change busybox configuration , but still end up with some of the udpc in the final image.

./sbin/udhcpc -> /bin/busybox.nosuid
./usr/lib/opkg/alternatives/udhcpc

grep: image-files: Is a directory
image-info.txt:PACKAGE_EXCLUDE = busybox-udhcpd busybox-udhcpc

Appears that busybox does some installation based on the actually setting of CONFIG_UDHCPC and CONFIG_UDHCPD

FInally, I would like the busybox append to only change if 'connman' is present
In local.conf, add 'example

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " example"

In example.bb have
RDEPENDS_example = " connman"

So in busybox_*.bbappend

I thought this would work (but seems to be ignored)

SRC_URI_append_connman = " file://no-uhdpc.cfg"
#SRC_URI_append = " file://no-uhdpc.cfg"

But need to use
SRC_URI_append = " file://no-uhdpc.cfg"

to have the cfg added.
also tried
SRC_URI_append_pn-connman = " file://no-uhdpc.cfg"

How best to get a busybox configuration changed based on installation of a package?

Thanks

Richard C. Allen