[yocto] Can't enable reverse debugging

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Fri Dec 9 08:43:14 PST 2016

I tried a few other things, see below.

I tried first running my application, pausing the debugger and then sending the "record" command.  When I continued debugging, I got the following GDB error:

....x86_64-nativesdk-pokysdk-linux/gdb-cross-canadian-arm/7.7.1-r0/gdb-7.7.1/gdb/utils.c:1073: internal-error: virtual memory exhausted.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.

I did some looking around and I couldn't see any reasonable answer to why this would happen.  I also just noticed that for the Debug Configurations under Eclipse, the debugger settings tab doesn't have "Enable Reverse Debugging at startup" option listed for the C/C++ Remote Application debugging type.  Is this option just not available to me with my environment?

Thanks,
Bryan