[yocto] Adding Fortran to Raspberrypi2

Edward Vidal develone at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 9 05:28:35 PST 2016

Hi

Trying to add fortran to 6.2.0 branch morty for a Raspberrypi2

Step 1 modified meta/recipes-devtools/gcc/gcc-6.2.inc
-FORTRAN = ""
+FORTRAN = ",fortran"
bitbake core-image-sato created the image

Testing on target. I see fortran in the command gcc -v.

gcc -v --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran gcc version 6.2.0 (GCC)

With the command ./configure for octave.
checking whether a usable Fortran compiler was found... no
configure: error: A Fortran compiler is required

Step 2 Checking the mailing list.

    |"Liubchynskyi, Stanislav (Nokia - PL/Wroclaw)" <stanislav.liubchynskyi at nokia.com> wrote:

    |> Hi,
    |> I want to add fortran support to yocto build. I try different way whitch describe in the ethernet but enyone does't work. I use fido branch and gcc 4.9. Can you describe me step by step how to enable fortran in yocto or where I can find work instruction.
    |> Thanks for help.

    |Fortran support in gcc is disabled by default, to enable it add the following line to your config, then build the libgfortran package.

    |FORTRAN_forcevariable = ",fortran"

    |> Best regards,
    |>
    |> Stanislav Liubchynskyi
    |> Software Developer, LFS, OPSW Wroclaw
    |> Mobile Broadband, Nokia Networks>

I added FORTRAN_forcevariable = ",fortran" to my config.  Still no fortran.

I added libgfortran to variable IMAGE_INSTALL_append and I get the following error

ERROR: oe_runmake failed

../../../../../../../../work-shared/gcc-6.2.0-r0/gcc-6.2.0/libgfortran/runtime/backtrace.c:37:33: fatal error: backtrace-supported.h: No such file or directory
 #include "backtrace-supported.h"
                                 ^
compilation terminated.

Thanks in advance,