[yocto] libssp_nonshared.a not present in native SDK.

Rafael Gago Castano RGC at hms.se
Fri Dec 9 01:24:41 PST 2016

Hello again.

I tried to fix this in my layers by adding a "recipes-devtools/gcc_5.3.bbappend" file to containing the additions that you did to poky on...

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=1c0fc7fcf7772ef8774f623126050972f526fe83

...as I think that adding these dependencies to gcc is the right thing.

Running "bitbake gcc -e" shows the next:

# $RRECOMMENDS_gcc
#   rename from RRECOMMENDS_${PN} data.py:169 [expandKeys]
#     "     libssp     libssp-dev "
RRECOMMENDS_gcc="     libssp     libssp-dev "

So the recipe is at least processed.

The problem is that "libssp_nonshared.a" is still not present on the SDK. It may happen that this is still happening in poky.