[yocto] Using files from package dependencies

Paulo Neves ptsneves at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 07:08:03 PST 2016

Hello Nicolas, thank you for your advice and hints but I "need" to
corrupt a bit the conventions of yocto and use specific package names
(due to compatibility with other older build systems)

The magic behind the fact that my special package sysroot directories
were not being moved to the yocto sysroot was due to the fact that
do_populate_sysroot does not match all the toplevel directories in
${D}. For additional directories sysroot_stage_all needs to be
appended with the desired directories. I am perfectly ok with that but
why not make a notification that there were directories that were
packaged but will not be expanded in the sysroots? The lack of
notification is extremely confusing, as files just do not appear where
they should.

A similar question to mine can be found here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35354802/how-to-create-do-populate-sysroot-append-task-in-yocto/40976056#40976056

Best regards
Paulo Neves