[yocto] u-boot-mkimage in SDK

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 06:53:02 PDT 2016

I had to add nativesdk-u-boot-mkimage to
nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host.bbappend RDEPNDS_${PN} variable.

[geckos at csi24 yocto-daisy]$ cat
./sources/meta-fsl-arm/recipes-core/packagegroup/nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host.bbappend
RDEPENDS_${PN} += " \
    nativesdk-elftosb \
    nativesdk-mxsldr \
    nativesdk-u-boot-mkimage \
"

> Hi all,
>

> I have built Yocto 2.1, for PowerPC (E6500):
>
> Build Configuration:
> BB_VERSION        = "1.30.0"
> BUILD_SYS         = "x86_64-linux"
> NATIVELSBSTRING   = "universal"
> TARGET_SYS        = "powerpc-poky-linux"
> MACHINE           = "powerpc-ppce6500"
> DISTRO            = "gfa-ppce6500"
> DISTRO_VERSION    = "2.1"
> TUNE_FEATURES     = "m32 fpu-hard e6500 altivec"
> TARGET_FPU        = ""
>

> Now, if I am cross-compiling additional uImage kernels outside bitbake,
> I need mkimage.
> But it is not in SDK.
>
> I have managed to get mkimage into rootfs, (added to IMAGE_INSTALL +=...)
> but how to get it inside cross-toolchain?
>
> Regards,
> Damir

"Do or do not. There is no try"
  Yoda Master