[yocto] How to run a runqemu with intel-corei7-64?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Aug 22 06:31:14 PDT 2016

On 19 August 2016 at 02:50, Richard Zhang <richard.zhang at pica8.com> wrote:

> After built an ‘intel-corei7-64’ image with Toaster, I try to run a
> runqemu, it can’t run.
>
> ERROR: unable to classify arg [intel-corei7-64].
>
> Does intel-corei7-64 could be run with runqemu?

Currently, not out of the box, although it should be possible if you run
qemu directly.

There is work ongoing to allow BSPs to extend runqemu so this could work,
but for now if you wish to run images in qemu frequently then it's
recommended to use the qemux86-64 machine, as it will include a few pieces
(kernel modules, graphics drivers, etc) which increase performance inside
qemu.

Ross