[yocto] How to maintain a global DL_DIR?

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:40:58 PDT 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Peter Kjellerstedt
<peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com> wrote:
> You seem to be using an old version of Poky.
I am using the version of poky distributed with the board.  In this
case, the board is the Edison board, and the manufacturer is Intel.  I
guess I was assuming that the Edison would have been distributed with
the latest version of Yocto/OE.  Oh well.

For other boards with other distributions, who knows what I will find?

> If you do not have the option of using Krogoth or newer, you could
> use this trick in your .bashrc:
>
> alias bitbake="BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE=\"$BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE DL_DIR\" bitbake"
>
> It may not be kosher, but it works. ;)

I like that solution a whole lot more than the solution I proposed.

Learning that the Yocto shipped with the Edison is old, and that there
is a newer/better way to address this problem is.. priceless.

Thanks for the tip.

--wpd