[yocto] if else blocks in recipes(bitbake)

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Aug 12 02:51:03 PDT 2016

On 12 August 2016 at 09:46, <S.Jaritz at esa-grimma.de> wrote:

> If have a simple problem. On one system a program is started as a daemon
> and on the other one not. In my recipe the program is build. by using
> update-rc.d I create the init script for systemV. The code looks like:

The easy solution here is to build two packages, one with the app in and
another that just contains the init script.  Then systems where you just
want the applications can install just the application, and systems where
you want the init script too can install both.

Or, always build with the init script and use a rootfs post-image hook to
remove it.

Ross