[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW32

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 5 09:30:50 PDT 2016

Current Dev Position: YP 2.2 M3
Next Deadline: YP 2.2 M3 which will be Aug 29th (5:00pm GMT)

SWAT team rotation: Randy -> Leo
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:
 * We decided to release M2 with known issues. We have a good handle on some of them, there are others which are unknown but there is no one specific cause of the bugs.
 * We will run another full QA pass before M3 to try and make sure we are dealing with the known bugs.
 * Merging of patches continues to be slow as it is proving hard to work out which patches are causing which breakage. The test matrix continues to increase with people being upset if their personal favourite set of options breaks yet we can’t expect to test and catch every regression. We’re not sure what to do about this, the scope of the testing is greater than it ever has been but it does seem to be slowing things down.
 * A patch for performance issues with pseudo when using xattrs have was merged
 * 2.1.1 is currently in QA and is expected to be completed early next week, this update contains numerous fixes for for a variety of areas including CVEs, GCC 6.x on Host OS and updated SRC_URIs

Key YP 2.2 Dates:
 * YP 2.2 M1 release would be: 6/24/16
 * YP 2.2 M2 cut off would be: 7/18/16
 * YP 2.2 M2 release would be: 7/29/16
 * YP 2.2 M3 cut off would be: 8/29/16
 * YP 2.2 M3 release would be: 9/9/16
 * YP 2.2 M4 cut off would be: 10/3/16
 * YP 2.2 M4 release would be: 10/28/16

Tracking Metrics:
	WDD 2714 (last week 2744)
(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.2_Status
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Schedule
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.2_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]