[yocto] Trouble with yocto sdk in collaboration with eclipse and cmake

Andersen, Christian c.andersen at kostal.com
Mon Aug 1 08:01:36 PDT 2016

Hi,

>> On Jul 29, 2016, at 1:27 AM, Hartwig, Guido <g.hartwig at kostal.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I have some trouble with the yocto sdk in collaboration with eclipse and yocto CMake project. I have install all necessary eclipse plugins and linked my sdk with the yocto-plugin as described in the manual. When I try to build the "Hello World" yocto cmake project it fails with following message:
>>
>> ..
>> CMake Error at
>> /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:61 (message): The C compiler "/opt/puck/1.0.0/sysroots/x86_64-pucksdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-kostal-linux-gnueabi/arm-kostal-linux-gnueabi-gcc"
>>  is not able to compile a simple test program ...
>>
>> This error occurs because the compiler is called with the wrong flags.

the error seems to be already fixed in the eclipse-poky repository. Commit #8315d3ec84 to luna/krogoth branch:

org.yocto.sdk.ide: Use CFLAGS from CC variable in cmake toolchain file
The CC and CXX variables imported from the Yocto build environment
may contain additional compiler flags after the compiler name. Extract
those and add them to cmake toolchain file variables, too.

This is the exact issue we have seen. Unfortunately this change has been commited after the tag for yocto-2.1 was created and so this is not released yet. After building a new version of the eclipse plugin based on the luna/krogoth branch the error mentioned above is gone.

Regards
Christian

KOSTAL Industrie Elektrik GmbH - Sitz Lüdenscheid, Registergericht Iserlohn HRB 3924 - USt-Id-Nr./Vat No.: DE 813742170
Postanschrift: An der Bellmerei 10, D-58513 Lüdenscheid * Telefon: +49  2351 16-0 * Telefax: +49  2351 16-2400
Werksanschrift: Lange Eck 11, D-58099 Hagen * Tel. +49 2331 8040-601 * Fax +49 2331 8040-602
Geschäftsführung: Axel Zimmermann, Dipl.-Ing. Marwin Kinzl, Dipl.-Oec. Andreas Kostal