[yocto] how to configure the build packages of a makefile based libary

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Apr 28 09:16:00 PDT 2016

On 28 April 2016 at 17:09, <S.Jaritz at esa-grimma.de> wrote:

> EXTRA_OEMAKE = "'CC=${CC}' 'RANLIB=${RANLIB}' 'AR=${AR}' 'CFLAGS=${CFLAGS}
> -I${S}/include' 'BUILDDIR=${S}' 'DESTDIR=${D}'"

Neater to pass DESTDIR via do_install, so remove DESTDIR from here.

However you want to tell it where PREFIX is, and that goes into the build
files, so add PREFIX=${prefix}.  This will put the install into the right
directory (/usr) instead of the default (/usr/local).

> inherit autotools-brokensep

You're not using autotools so don't do this.

> do_compile() {
>         oe_runmake all 'CC=${CC}'
> }
>
> do_install() {
>         oe_runmake install 'DESTDIR=${D}'
> }
>

> FILES_${PN} += "/user/local"

The workaround didn't work as you put "user" instead of "usr", but by
passing PREFIX you can remove this line as pulling all of /usr/local into
PN would break packaging.

Ross