[yocto] Manipulating code and Building in offline environment

Lars Larsen lars at visionweeding.com
Wed Apr 27 06:03:59 PDT 2016

On 2016-04-27 14:21, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2016-04-27 13:38, Lars Larsen wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I have 2 questions
>>
>> I have finally managed to build an image like I want it.
>>

>> I consists of a kernel.
>>
>> The ROS framework.
>>
>> And our proprietary software under git control
>>

>> What I want to achieve is the following:
>>
>> When online it should fetch the latest commit (or what ever
>> branch/tag) from our git repo.
>>
>> It should be possible to take a laptop with a fresh checkout of all
>> the software, go to the field where the is NO
>> INTERNET access, and be able to patch our code on the spot ,and build
>> fresh images, for the target.
>>
>> When online in our office environment all our own software is
>> correctly checked out from our git repo. and build.
>> Beautifully.....
>>
>> But when offline ( I disconnect the LAN ) I continually gets errors
>> like “Failure expanding variable SRCPV” on our
>> software modules.
>>
>> I have following in build/conf/local.conf
>>

>> BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS = "1"
>>
>> INHERIT += "own-mirrors"
>>
>> SOURCE_MIRROR_URL = "file://${DL_DIR}"
>>

>> and I experimented with BB_FETCH_PREMIRRORONLY = "1"
>>
>> with no appearent effect
>>

>> So question 1:
>>
>> How do I achieve the offline building. ?
>>
>> Is should be possible - right ?
>>

>> Question 2:
>>
>> Where in the tree is the checked out source code located, that
>> bitbake compiles from.
>>

> I do this all the time successfully.
>
> What is your target and what recipe(s) are having issues?
>
> Note setting BB_NO_NETWORK = "1" in local.conf can help diagnose these
> issues

Thanks for the quick response, I will be happy if you can help me solve
this, since it's the last stone in our shoes before we go all in on yocto.

My target (at this time) is just a plain vanilla X86 platform - i might
change in the furture.
The recipes that cause troubles, are those who examine my git repos
one example, I have several made from this template ($BRANCH is set by
envoking scripts):

/DESCRIPTION = "Reflector deamon-  from local GIT"//
//# The initscript reflectord.sh that starts the deamon is installed
with basic-framwork-files//
//HOMEPAGE = "www.visionweeding.com"//
//LICENSE = "CLOSED"//
//FPE_PATH = "/opt/fpe"//
//BRANCH ?="develop"//
//SRC_URI =
"git:///eserver/GIT/autodiscover/;branch=${BRANCH};;name=discover " //
//SRCREV_discover= "${AUTOREV}"//
//SRCREV_FORMAT= "discover"//
//PV = "1.0.0+gitr${SRCPV}"//
//S = "${WORKDIR}/git"//
//inherit cmake//
//FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"//
//FILES_${PN} += "${FPE_PATH}/bin/reflectord \//
//        ${FPE_PATH}/bin/SearchBeam \//
//  "//
//do_install_append() {//
//
//    bbnote "Branch test BRANCH= ${BRANCH}"//
////
//      install -d ${D}${FPE_PATH}/bin//
////
//    rm  -rf ${FPE_PATH}/bin/.debug/*//
//    install -d ${D}${sysconfdir}/init.d //
//    install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/SearchBeam ${D}${FPE_PATH}/bin //
//    install -m 0755 ${WORKDIR}/reflectord ${D}${FPE_PATH}/bin//
//

//
/