[yocto] [Fwd: gobject introspection release notes]

Chris Trobridge christrobridge at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 05:45:45 PDT 2016

> Subject: Re: [yocto] [Fwd: gobject introspection release notes]
> To: zhenhua.luo at nxp.com; christrobridge at hotmail.com
> CC: yocto at yoctoproject.org
> From: alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
> Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 15:38:01 +0300
>
> On 04/26/2016 11:05 AM, Zhenhua Luo wrote:
> > Any ideas as to why "qemu-ppc64 crashes out immediately"?
> >
> > I can confirm the build ends in a segfault when I tried building
> > gobject-introspection for the t1042d4rdb-64b machine.
> >
> > */[Luo Zhenhua-B19537] This is a gobject-introspection support issue of
> > QEMU PPC64, the fix is not available now, you can use the following
> > workaround to bypass the issue. /*
> >
> > */http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/meta-fsl-ppc/tree/README#n18/*
>
> I'm afraid disabling introspection data is not an acceptable solution
> for Chris, because he does want to have that data.
>
> Also, I'll send a fix to disable building of introspection data on all
> ppc64 machines for now.
>
> Alex

Thanks Alex.
This is not urgent and with this processor there is the option of using 32-bit mode.  So if the new commit fixes the 32-bit machine then that would be an acceptable alternative for now.
I like to fix things so I am curious about the qemu-ppc64 crash but realise I can't afford to spend much time on it!
Regards,Chris