[yocto] [oe] [meta-qt5] EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x300b

Ryan Elkholy, PhD, PE ryanelkholy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 07:36:14 PDT 2016

Yes, I do have directfb in DISTRO_FEATURES. The following is in my
local.conf:

http://pastebin.com/8vmN0r7Z

Furthermore, to even get this to build I had to alter the libva recipe
because it caused conflicts. Even though I was excluding x11 it would still
try to build libva-x11 due to the following RDEPENDS for egl in
libva_1.5.0_bb:

RDEPENDS_${PN}-egl =+ "${PN}-x11"

I changed this to

RDEPENDS_${PN}-egl =+ "${PN}"

in order for it to build. I know I probably should definitely not be doing
this, but it is for the purpose of testing.

All of this gets pulled in due to my images inclusion of hardware codecs
for hardware acceleration:

IMAGE_FEATURES += "splash package-management ssh-server-openssh hwcodecs"

where hwcodecs is defined by the Intel BSP as the following:

MACHINE_HWCODECS ?= "va-intel gstreamer-vaapi-1.0"

So in the end, I can get the app to run without error by including x11
which allows me to fully include the Intel hardware acceleration, but I do
not want x11. I feel like there is the aforementioned dependency that
should not exist, but I am not in the position to know how to work around
this. As I said, if I alter the dependency of libva-egl on libva-x11 it
will build, but I get the EGL surface error.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.