[yocto] what does ${libdir} refer to?

Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu Apr 21 08:59:33 PDT 2016

No, libdir is /usr/lib on the target. We never write to the host system
outside the build directory. do_install installs a lib into ${D}${libdir},
and then the contents of ${D} get split up into individual binary packages,
and those packages are then installed in a root filesystem and archived
into a rootfs image.