[yocto] is there a known issue with how SRC_URI uses OVERRIDES to locate .scc files?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Apr 20 15:37:48 PDT 2016

On Wed, 20 Apr 2016, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

> You haven't supplied your SRC_URI in the question ... what does it
> look like ?
>
> It has no relation to the SRC_URI, probably a run of the mill bug in
> the processing code. I'd suggest taking it up with Wind River
> support.
>
> Alternatively, if you have this somewhere that I clone and launch a
> test build, I can help you out .. but I won't be able to easily
> reproduce that situation from scratch.

  ok, i found what appears to be a cheap workaround for this, and i'm
curious if this makes any sense.  recall original kernel recipe
directory structure:

  linux-windriver/
    uio.*
    ssd.*
    mxeiii/
      mm.*

when SRC_URI mentioned only that first-level stuff (uio, ssd), then
the configure step worked fine. but as soon as i added the mm.scc file
to SRC_URI, it just seems that any descent into a lower-level
directory based on OVERRIDES totally bones the search process. so, i
wondered, how can i work around this?

  oh, wait, no problem. see, all target boards are powerpc, so
"powerpc" is one of the possible OVERRIDES. obviously, there is no
*actual* value in using an OVERRIDE for which *every* *single* *board*
is compatible ... oh, wait, there is.

  so i restructured:

  linux-windriver/
    mxeiii/
      mm.*
    powerpc/
      uio.*
      ssd.*

it looks idiotic to take the uio.* and ssd.* content, which should be
generic, and deliberately put it in a subdirectory, unless that
subdirectory represents an OVERRIDE which matches every board and, ta
da, solves the problem.

  i need a drink.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca