[yocto] Using Yocto with NXP QorIQ Processors

Chris Trobridge christrobridge at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:58:12 PDT 2016

Has anyone attempted to use the Qoriq BSP layers with them main Yocto release rather than the NXP (ex Freescale) SDK they come bundled in?
I ask because the NXP SDK is somewhat behind the main Yocto release schedule.
It should be easier to port the BSP to the current Yocto but I have no idea what issues I am likely to hit.
I will try this at some point when I have enough free time but for planning purposes I would interested in how anyone else has got on attempting this.
Are Qoriq users restricted to the official SDK or would they get third-party support?
Regards,Chris