[yocto] Different patches for different images for same machine

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:25:11 PDT 2016

Hi Andreas,

The problem I see here is what would happen if you say `bitbake
u-boot'. At this point no image should being built, so what patches
should be applied?
With the machines aproach you have multiple virtual u-boots and select
the proper one with a preferred provider.

Regards,

> Hi,
>
> I have extended the basic images core-image-minimal and core-image-full-
> cmdline to images that differ by installed items in the rootfs, like core-
> image-minimal-web has dhcp-client, inetutils-telnetd, openssh openssh-
> sftp-server installed.
> Now I would like to customize the environment variables in u-boot with
> patches and create a dedicated u-boot to the appropriate image.
>
> Any advises how the most robust realization for this would be?
>
> Should I create a dedicated Machine conf instead of different images, or
> is there a way to conditionaly add an additional patch to u-boot ?
>
> Thanks for helping me out, greetings Andi

"Do or do not. There is no try"
  Yoda Master