[yocto] How to add libraries to poky toolchain

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:56:56 PDT 2016

I may suggest something, run `bitbake meta-ide-support' and then use
tmp/environment-*.sh to setup environment.
After that go to your software folder and run something like:
./configure ${CONFIGURE_FLAGS}

Here is a little text file that I saved to remember how to compile
libfprint with yocto's toolchain from tmp/ folder.
http://pastebin.com/hyzrd3up

Regards,

> I'm trying to cross build a package with a configure script and I'm
> running into a problem because it can't find a missing library
> dependency:
>
> arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -march=armv7-a -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon
> -mtune=cortex-a8
> --sysroot=/opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/cortexa8hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
> -o conftest
> -O2 -pipe -g -feliminate-unused-debug-types  -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--hash-style=gnu
> -Wl,--as-needed myconftest.c -lgdbm
>
> /opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/ld:
> cannot find -lgdbm
>
> A quick look shows there's no libgdbm in
> /opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/cortexa8hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi folder,
> though it is in
> /opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux (which, of course, is for
> 86_64, not ARM)
>
> I'd bitbaked the meta-toolchain and installed the .sh file, but
> apparently I need to add more libraries.  What's the best way to do
> that?  Is there an additional package I need to bitbake?   I can
> kludge it myself, by manually copying stuff into
> /opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/cortexa8hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi but I'd
> much rather have something more elegant so I can replicate it to other
> development machines.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Matt

"Do or do not. There is no try"