[yocto] remove Yocto systemd features

Michael Hu pxmyhdev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 13:05:24 PDT 2016

Hi,

Yocto pulls in systemd and enable certain features by default.I am trying
to remove some features in systemd *225* yocto builds such as logind (just
for testing purpose), I was trying to use a '*.bbappend' file with
'PACKAGECONFIG_append' to achieve that, but seems like it only takes
options defined in poky/meta/recipes-core/systemd/systemd_225.bb file.
systemd_229.bb has logind option, but I'd like to do it in system_225.bb

Available options in 225 are resolved/networkd/audit etc listed below.
which does not include logind, is there any way I can remove those features?

PACKAGECONFIG[xz] = "--enable-xz,--disable-xz,xz"
PACKAGECONFIG[cryptsetup] =
"--enable-libcryptsetup,--disable-libcryptsetup,cryptsetup"
PACKAGECONFIG[microhttpd] =
"--enable-microhttpd,--disable-microhttpd,libmicrohttpd"
PACKAGECONFIG[elfutils] = "--enable-elfutils,--disable-elfutils,elfutils"
PACKAGECONFIG[resolved] = "--enable-resolved,--disable-resolved"
PACKAGECONFIG[networkd] = "--enable-networkd,--disable-networkd"
PACKAGECONFIG[libidn] = "--enable-libidn,--disable-libidn,libidn"
PACKAGECONFIG[audit] = "--enable-audit,--disable-audit,audit"
PACKAGECONFIG[manpages] =
"--enable-manpages,--disable-manpages,libxslt-native xmlto-native
docbook-xml-dtd4-native docbook-xsl-stylesheets-native"
PACKAGECONFIG[pam] = "--enable-pam,--disable-pam,libpam"

also I'd like to remove functions like graphical user session support
and display service etc. Any ideas if that's possible?

Thanks,

Michael