[yocto] bitbake -c clean for all recipes

Vajzovic, Tom Tom.Vajzovic at irisys.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 00:18:20 PDT 2016

Hi Ross & Raj,

From: Burton, Ross [mailto:ross.burton at intel.com]
Sent: 14 April 2016 17:25

> On 14 April 2016 at 12:18, Vajzovic, Tom <Tom.Vajzovic at irisys.co.uk> wrote:
> What command can I use to do the equivalent of running
> "bitbake -c clean" (or cleanstate etc) for all recipes that have previously been run?
>
> The easy answer here is rm -rf tmp/.

And what about cleanstate or cleanall?

> What do you actually want to do?

What I want to do is be certain that I am in the exact state that I would be in if I had made a clean checkout and then build from scratch.

The particular case that made me ask was that I added BB_GENERATE_MIRROR_TARBALLS = "1" to local.conf and wanted to trigger doing that.  The fact that just running bitbake <imagename> didn't do it made me paranoid about what other changes I might make that wouldn't get picked up, so I want to know how to roll back to set points in the build process and build from there (eg: clean, cleanstate, cleanall and any others that you can tell me about).

Many thanks,
Tom