[yocto] environment setup script

Sid Price sidprice at softtools.com
Thu Apr 14 10:31:11 PDT 2016

Hello, I am new to Yocto and relatively new to Linux. I am working my way
through the "Getting Started" guide and I have met a problem. I am trying to
run the "environment-setup ." script for the arm platform. First I notice
that when I list the folder /opt/poky/2.0.1 I see the scripts but they are
not shown as executable. Is this correct? When I try the following command I
am told "Permission denied":

/opt/poky/2.0.1/environment-setup-armv5e-poky-linux-gnueabi

If I use sudo I see "command not found"

Any pointers would be very much appreciated,

Sid

Sid Price

Desktop Application and Embedded System Design