[yocto] cmake recipe find_file failure

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 05:43:09 PDT 2016

Hi,
I'm trying to build a recipe for apache qpid, which is a cmake-based
project. Configuration is currently failing due to "find_file" not being
able to find a file in the source directory for the build:

find_file(QPID_VERSION_FILE NAMES QPID_VERSION.txt PATHS
${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/.. ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR} NO_DEFAULT_PATH)
mark_as_advanced(QPID_VERSION_FILE)
if(NOT QPID_VERSION_FILE)
  message(FATAL_ERROR "Cannot find QPID_VERSION.txt")
endif(NOT QPID_VERSION_FILE)

What's truly puzzling is that if I try the following:

execute_process(COMMAND ls ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR} OUTPUT_VARIABLE
TEST_OUTPUT)
message("LS RESULT: ${TEST_OUTPUT}")

the paths are indeed correct; the result of the ls contains the
QPID_VERSION.txt file. This seems to indicate to me that something else is
failing internally, but am not sure where I should be looking exactly.

Has anyone experienced this before? Are there any general tips for
debugging these types of failures in cmake projects in yocto?

Regards,
Matt