[yocto] How to enforce installation of image specific config file/package

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Fri Apr 1 05:34:58 PDT 2016

On 01-04-16 11:34, Isak Lichtenstein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a package "A" that has a runtime dependency to a configuration file. This configuration file is image specific. For each image I've got a specific configuration package "config-image-X" that installs this needed configuration file and I build multiple image in the same build directory.
> How can I enforce that each image containing package "A" also installs an image specific configuration package?

If the "config" package is image-specific, you could just invert the
dependency. Make the config package RDEPEND on "A". Images that install the
config (which they have to do anyway according to your description) will then
automatically install "A" which at least accomplishes that you don't need to
specify both.

I've been in the same position, and it just isn't possible to do what you want.

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Embedded Products