[yocto] Documentation and Scope

Josh Einstein jeinstei at fnal.gov
Tue Sep 29 11:12:25 PDT 2015

Hi everyone-

I've been reading the reference manual, and have noticed that none of the
defines have their scope mentioned anywhere. For variables such as
PREFERRED_VERSION, this means that it is impossible to tell if this could
be used from within a recipe vs only being able to be used in the
layer.conf, or if it can be used anywhere.

I was wondering if I'm missing something about these and they should
function globally, or if the documentation needs to be updated to show
scope?

Cheers,
JE