[yocto] How can i install busybox "mount" command instead of util-linux "mount" command

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Tue Sep 29 04:39:16 PDT 2015

On 25-09-15 11:02, Vivek Per wrote:
> Hi all,
>       Can any one can please tell me how can i install busybox "mount" command
> instead of util-linux "mount" . By default util-linux "mount" and "umount"
> commnad is installing . But rest of the commands are installing from busybox
> like ls,cat and so on.
>       In the final image log file (list of packages installed in the image)
> showing util.linux-mount and util.linux-umount packages is installing by
> default even i am not including those . How can i overcome  the issue. i want
>   to install busybox "mount" command only not form util-linux "mount" command .

Sounds familiar, some recipes think they need util-linux-mount while they
actually only need a mount command. Worse than that, util-linux-mount does not
work correctly on the settop boards, so I had to go to extremes to get rid of it.

One way to find the guilty recipes is to simply remove the util-linux recipes
and see what errors you get.

Here's some inspiration how to get rid of it:

https://github.com/OpenPLi/openpli-oe-core/commit/f18140a079513a01b2f6c5a379c69e898a6e5419

https://github.com/OpenPLi/openpli-oe-core/commit/8d31a7e6d7cde52c59b576247579eb5e2e8e6e7c

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans