[yocto] What's mounting this partition? (answered)

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 28 03:21:15 PDT 2015

> From: Paul D. DeRocco
>
> My x86 system, built with Yocto Fido, boots from /dev/sda2 on
> a USB flash drive. There's another partition on /dev/sda1
> which I wish to mount with a systemd mount unit, or with a
> line in /etc/fstab. But either way is failing because /dev/sda1
> is already mounted on /media/sda1.
>
> Does anyone know what bit of software would be responsible for
> automounting my /dev/sda1 partition, which is not my root file
> system, and doing so before fstab or systemd mounts are
> processed?
>
> Also, when /dev/sda2 (my root file system) is mounted, it gets certain
> default options. Is there a way to modify these options? I'd like to
> include noatime, to avoid needless writes to my flash drive.

Well, it's my initramfs that's attaching everything. Although I left
udef-extraconf out of my build, it's included in the initramfs, and the
automounts that it does survive the switch_root.

My bottom line is that I need to use different mount options. Rather than
try to prevent my initramfs from automounting, I think I'll just supply my
own replacement mount.sh script, which uses the options I want, and adapt
the rest of my system to use the default mount locations /media/sda1, etc.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com