[yocto] bbappend a "required" bb file

Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Fri Sep 25 08:38:12 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Allen Curtis <ajcurtis at ac2enterprises.com>
wrote:

> I am working with a BSP that has multiple image recipes.
>
> foo-hwbringup-image.bb
> foo-qt5demo-image.bb
>
> foo-qt5demo-image.bb contains "require foo-hwbringup-image.bb"
>
> However if I create foo-hwbringup-image.bbappend, it gets ignored.
>
> What are the rules with appending included recipes?

bbappends do not append arbitrary files, only recipes (and in this case,
the inclusion treats them as an arbitrary file). They do not apply to
anything included or required, only the recipe itself. So you'll need to
bbappend every recipe that includes foo-hwbringup-image.bb in this case.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com