[yocto] X86 live image without persistence?

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 23 13:46:23 PDT 2015

Under Yocto Fido, is it possible to build a live image that boots from a
USB flash drive, but runs entirely out of a ramdisk, and has no persistent
storage at all, booting the same clean image each time? I have a separate
small partition for the limited amount of persistent storage that I need,
and way more RAM than my system needs to run, and it would be nice if
nothing were accessing the flash drive at all after bootup, except when my
application explicitly does so.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com