[yocto] [systemd-devel] How to automount

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 22 18:20:31 PDT 2015

> From: Daniel. [mailto:danielhilst at gmail.com]
>
> If there is any process using the mount point the umount may
> fail. If you have a bash running in a folder from the mounted
> filesystem is the sufficient to umount fail.
>
> You can use the fuser -m MOUTPOINT to check this. Adding -k
> would kill all process using that mount point.

Now I'm totally confused. Renaming /bin/umount to something else, and then
plugging in the drive, is no longer leaving the successful mount intact. I
saw it do this twice, but it's not doing it any more. I even tried
replacing /bin/umount with a script that ran fuser with the results going
to a file, and it's never being invoked. But the missing /bin/umount does
indeed screw things up, giving me a slew of FAT-fs read errors. It also
leaves /run/media/sdb1 as an empty directory that can't be deleted
("Device or resource busy") even though fuser doesn't show any processes
using it.

This makes no sense. How can this auto-mounting not work? Is it known to
be brittle, or is it believed to be reliable? All I did was include
udev-extraconf in my build.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com