[yocto] [systemd-devel] How to automount

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 22 10:45:13 PDT 2015

> From: Mantas Mikulenas [mailto:grawity at gmail.com]
>
> > I don't think there's any way to have something auto-unmount
>
> There certainly is - udev has been unmounting unplugged
> drives for many years. It's done by default.

If creating a udev mount rule automatically does the unmount, then the
simplest thing for me would probably be to do that, and have my
application do a sync after each user-initiated operation. That way, the
drive would remain mounted after the operation, so I could still poke
around on it while debugging, yet there would be no corruption when it's
removed. Thanks for the tip.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com