[yocto] sunxi mali binary driver

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 10:27:57 PDT 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to build an image for my cubietruck that uses the binary
accelerated mali driver (sunxi-mali) and have a couple questions.

It was my impression that the binary user-space libraries (sunxi-mali?)
only work with specific versions of the kernel.

By default the cubietruck machine definition will try to build the
upstream kernel, but by default it also sets the preferred providers of
egl, gles1, and gles2 to sunxi-mali. Wouldn't that cause problems? If I
want to use the accelerated, binary mali driver, don't I have to stick
with the sunxi kernel (3.4.90) too?

Best regards,
    Trevor