[yocto] libsoup license

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Sep 18 13:07:13 PDT 2015

Hi all,

[CC'ing Dan Winship, the libsoup maintainer]

On 11 September 2015 at 11:32, Sander Visser <sander at visser.se> wrote:

> Does anyone know why the license is marked LGPL2 and not LGPL2+ in
> libsoup-2.4_2.50.0.bb? It seems "or (at your option) any later version"
> is allowed via for example libsoup/soup-requester.h.
>
> Nowhere could I see that the "or (at your option) any later version" is
> missing.

To be honest libsoup isn't very clear - the COPYING is the standard LGPL
boilerplate, the README just says "LGPL", and very few source files specify
the license at all.

Dan: exactly what license is libsoup under?  LGPL v2 precisely, or LGPL v2
or greater?

Thanks,
Ross