[yocto] Eclipse Yocto Plugin: Preference Profile "Save As..."-Button not working

Müllener, Steven steven.muellener at sius.com
Thu Sep 10 02:12:25 PDT 2015

I have the problem that my Eclipse Yocto Plugin Preferences can not be
saved and seem to be lost after closing the Preferences Window. It seems
like other people have the same problem as well

e.g. http://community.phytec.com/forum/topic/Yocto-Projects-in-Eclipse.htm

I tried many combinations of Eclipse versions (Kepler, Luna, Mars) with
their corresponding Yocto Plugin releases without any luck.

I also changed the permissions for the entire folder <Eclipse installation
folder> as well as the <Eclipse workspace folder> recursively to rwx for
everyone without any success. Also running Eclipse as root did not help.

What could be the problem here?

Thank you