[yocto] Busybox hwclock.sh initscript issues

Craig McQueen craig.mcqueen at innerrange.com
Thu Sep 17 22:28:24 PDT 2015

I'm using Yocto dizzy. I've found a couple of issues with the Busybox hwclock.sh initscript.

1) The script checks that /sbin/hwclock exists at the start. But after that it runs hwclock without an explicit /sbin/hwclock path. So it only works if /sbin/ is in the PATH. Thus it doesn't run properly when called from e.g. cronie which doesn't run with /sbin/ in the PATH.

2) The bootmisc.sh initscript uses the time from /etc/timestamp if the hwclock time is older. That's good. But then by default, hwclock.sh runs after bootmisc.sh, and unconditionally overwrites the system time from the hwclock. So on a system without a functional hwclock, the /etc/timestamp feature basically doesn't work. One solution is modify INITSCRIPT_PARAMS_${PN}-hwclock so it doesn't run at start-up (I am doing that in a busybox bbappend).

--
Craig McQueen