[yocto] Pushbutton poweroff

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 17 01:43:49 PDT 2015

I'm using Fido to create an Atom-based embedded system using systemd. The
last version of this system (based on Dylan) worked fine, but in this one
the power button doesn't initiate a poweroff. In the systemd area, I only
see two differences:

1) The new poweroff.target includes JobTimeoutSec=30min and
JobTimeoutAction=poweroff-force in the [Unit] section. That looks
reasonable.

2) The new system has a poweroff.target.wants containing a
systemd-update-utmp-runlevel.service. Not sure what this is, but it
doesn't smell like the problem.

The systemd-poweroff.service is the same in both systems. Starting that
service does indeed power the system off.

I thought systemd was supposed to replace the ACPI daemon, but acpid is
running.

Could this be a kernel config issue? The old system used 3.8 and the new
one uses 3.14, so their .config files have hundreds of differences.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com