[yocto] I hate busybox!

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 15 17:35:40 PDT 2015

> From: Bob Cochran
>
> Do you know offhand how much bigger the rootfs would be if you build
> core-image-base without busybox and instead use the real applications?
>
> Also, how many more packages have to be built / managed?

I just added packagegroup-core-full-cmdline to my image, and it increased
the size by about 36MB. That's on a 32-bit Intel system. I don't know how
many packages are in that group, but all I had to do was add that one word
to my IMAGE_INSTALL, so I don't really care.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com