[yocto] Dumping sysvinit

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Tue Sep 15 09:03:40 PDT 2015

Mark wrote...

> > Bit of a newbie question (probably) but what is the easiest way to dump
> > sysvinit and use Busybox init in a core-image-minimal image?
>
> It has been a while since I've done this.  But unless things have changed
> dramatically.  You will need to define your own custom image.

On the basis that sounded like more hard work than I have time for I thought
I would try switching to systemd.  Following the instructions in the dev
manual [1].

If I add the extra variables to build/conf/local.conf then with the machine
type set to genericx86 I get this build error:

ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at
XXXXX/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/qemu-native/2.2.0-r1/temp/log.do_configure
.1926)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
XXXXX/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/qemu-native/2.2.0-r1/temp/log.do_configure
.1926
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate
| DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function autotools_preconfigure
| DEBUG: Shell function autotools_preconfigure finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function autotools_copy_aclocals
| DEBUG: Python function autotools_copy_aclocals finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
|
| ERROR: User requested feature sdl
|        configure was not able to find it.
|        Install SDL devel

I'm guessing that this is me being dim and that build/conf/local.conf isn't
what the documentation refers to as "your distribution configuration file".

Thanks,

Andy.

[1]
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#selecting-an