[yocto] I hate busybox!

Trevor Woerner twoerner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 07:47:38 PDT 2015

On 09/15/15 04:26, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> My embedded system has enough room in it for full-featured command line
> tools, instead of the wretched busybox. Does the Yocto meta-data include a
> layer that provides such tools? Or does OE? And how would I disable
> busybox in order to use the better tools?

+1

...although "hate" is a strong word, I have been tripped up numerous
times in the past by writing a script on my development host only to
find it doesn't work on my target device due to the restrictions of the
various busybox executables. The "embedded" system of today is the
desktop system of only a couple years ago. The only place busybox (and
toybox) are needed today are in the MMU-less-type systems, such as
Cortex-Ms etc.