[yocto] Dumping sysvinit

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Tue Sep 15 06:53:04 PDT 2015

On 9/15/15 6:16 AM, Andy Pont wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Bit of a newbie question (probably) but what is the easiest way to dump
> sysvinit and use Busybox init in a core-image-minimal image?

It has been a while since I've done this.  But unless things have changed
dramatically.  You will need to define your own custom image.

One that does not include the sysvinit component or base initscripts.  You will
then have to provide your own base initscripts for your system to startup and
function.  (You might be able to copy some from the initscripts, but many expect
the sysvinit [or systemd] to be present on the device.)

You are moving into pure custom boot optimization and implementation at this point.

--Mark