[yocto] I hate busybox!

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Sep 15 01:45:00 PDT 2015

Hi Paul,

On Tuesday 15 September 2015 01:26:20 Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> My embedded system has enough room in it for full-featured command line
> tools, instead of the wretched busybox. Does the Yocto meta-data include a
> layer that provides such tools? Or does OE? And how would I disable
> busybox in order to use the better tools?

core-image-full-cmdline (and the packagegroup it uses, packagegroup-core-full-
cmdline) should give you the former, and the full tools will in almost all
cases take precedence simply by being installed by virtue of the alternatives
system. In order to actually remove busybox though you'd need to break apart
packagegroup-core-boot (i.e. include its constituent parts separately into
your image instead of the packagegroup itself).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton