[yocto] Warning about auto generated BSP description

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 14 10:38:42 PDT 2015

> From: Bruce Ashfield [mailto:bruce.ashfield at windriver.com]
>
> The tool may have created these files, but the question is ..
> What release are you using ? If you check something in the kernel meta
> directory, I can tell you if the warning is wrong, or something is
> really being missed.

I'm using Fido.

> The reason I asked about the release, is that the location of
> the kernel
> meta directory will be in a different place between the various
> releases. But it is always in the kernel source directory,
> whether it is
> in work-shared, or in work. So if you head to that directory and look
> for either .meta or .kernel-meta, you should see a file
> "top_tgt" in that
> directory.
>
> Look at the contents of that file. It should point to those generated
> files you referenced above. If it doesn't .. they weren't used, and we
> need to figure out why.

The file
"/home/pauld/yocto-fido/build/tmp/work-shared/chroma-bsp/kernel-source/.me
ta/top_tgt" contains
"/home/pauld/yocto-fido/build/tmp/work-shared/chroma-bsp/kernel-source/.me
ta/cfg/scratch/obj/home/pauld/yocto-fido/meta-chroma-bsp/recipes-kernel/li
nux/files/chroma-bsp-preempt-rt.scc". That referenced folder includes a
copy of all the .scc and .cfg files I mentioned before. I guess that means
that they are in fact being used.

Does that mean that this warning message is spurious, and can be ignored?
My kernel is hanging during the boot at this point, but I suspect my real
problem is elsewhere.

Thanks so much for your time helping me to figure this out.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com