[yocto] Warning about auto generated BSP description

Paul D. DeRocco pderocco at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 14 01:48:32 PDT 2015

> From: Robert Calhoun [mailto:rcalhoun at shotspotter.com]
>
> Your kernel recipe needs to have an entry for the machine,
> e.g. a kernel recipe called linux-mainline.bb contains
> COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_mymachine = "mymachine"
>
> Also, your machine config file mymachine.conf needs to have a
> preferred kernel version, e.g:
> PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel ?= "linux-mainline"
> PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto ?= "3.19%"
> PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-mainline ?= "4.2%"
>

> (I am not certain these will fix your error but you should
> have them defined.)

The linux-yocto-rt_3.14.bbappend file created by the yocto-bsp script
includes:

    COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_chroma_bsp = "chroma_bsp"

My bblayers.conf file contains:

    PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-yocto-rt"

The chroma-bsp.conf file created by the script (in
meta-chroma-bsp/conf/machine/) includes:

    PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel ?= "linux-yocto-rt"
    PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto-rt ?= "3.14%"

I'm not sure if or how the last file is getting read.

Since I'm definitely using the RT kernel, I would assume I'd only need
references to linux-yocto-rt. See anything wrong?

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
Paul                mailto:pderocco at ix.netcom.com